We’ve all heard it before (including in the previous blog post): Location, location, location. The more you know about a neighborhood, the better you can feel about your real estate investments and properties. Use the following links to hep organize your location search strategies.
- David Cowgill begins 5 Steps In Helping Choose an Investment Property Location with those three famous words: Location, location, location.
- Learn what residents are saying about local neighborhoods. RentWiki.com is a user-generated service that provides social info about neighborhoods.
- Homebuying tips can also be applied to investment properties. About.com explains what homebuyers should look for in a location when searching for a new home.
- Learn more about an area’s demographics by searching the U.S. Census Bureas’ website for data.
- Test the public transportation in an area with Google Transit. Map the best routes from prospective investment properties to area landmarks.